BEEKEEPING WORKSHOPS by Illawarra Bees at Mountain Ridge Wines
Beekeeping workshops at Mountain Ridge Wines Cellar Door & Restaurant provide a great way to learn about beekeeping and gives you hands on experience!
COST: $220 for a full day course which includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
ADDRESS: 11 Coolangatta Rd, Coolagatta (Berry) NSW
The groups will be a minimum of 4 people, and a maximum of 6 people.
If you would like to attend a workshop please contact DAVID at Illawarra Bees by sending an email to email@example.com
You will learn:
– Bee biology
– Life cycles, duties in the hive, foraging behaviour, communication methods, hive defence behaviour
– How to open and inspect a hive
– How to identify pests and diseases and treatment methods
– What’s needed to start beekeeping
– How to source bees and create nucleus hives
– Hive management through the seasons
– Honey extraction and wax recovery methods
– How to register to become a beekeeper and your legal responsibilities